Last book I read 'Learn To Live' - Vol I, by Swami Jagadatmananda.
The book dwells on various aspects of life and what can be done to improve it; better than most of the other self-help books that I have read.
The book is a translation from the actual book which was in Kannada.
Through his advice and excellent examples which are wide ranging and not just limited to national events but about incidents, personalities and anecdotes from all over the world, he explores human psychology, spirituality, history, worklife and many many other things that make a person's life successful.
Some pointers from the book will definitely help you in both your professional and personal life. A must read, now I need to buy Vol II.
Other books in fiction I want to buy/read, based on reviews that I read up.
Lets see if I can go to someplace, where I could get them cheap ...
- 'The Namesake' by Jhumpa Lahiri
- 'The Name of the Rose' by Umberto Eco
- 'Foucalt's Pendulum' by Umberto Eco
- 'Never Let Me Go' by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Collection of Short Stories by Somerset Maugham.
- Also some of the novels by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni